comprises of a few select groups on Facebook that specialise in coin collecting, These groups have been set up by collectors for collectors to buy, sell, swap and auction their items and in the process help others with their collections.
These groups are predominantly for selling and swapping coins – They are not for getting valuations on your pocket change. If you want to value your items please read the section marked VALUATIONS.
* Only Admin can do Raffles or Bonus Balls so please do not ask. *
Most of these groups operate on a first come first serve basis at the discretion of the person selling the item. Be sure to check that the group owners have not made specific requisites for their groups before posting.
People that Hijack sales by IM, Queue jumpers and timewasters should be reported to admin.
For legal reasons the minimum age to join this group is 16 unless parental permission has been obtained.
Personal details including addresses and phone numbers are not allowed to be posted to the wall at any time. If found these posts or comments will be removed.
To join our groups, your facebook account must be older that 180 days. Your facebook account must also be a real name ie Longback CrazyHorse will not be approved unless you can provide a birth certificate with that name on it.
GROUP RULES – GENERAL CONDUCT
1) Abuse toward our members and admin will not be tolerated. People that persistently troll members posts will be removed from the group.
2) Do not block Admin
3) Please do not share accounts, this leads to a breakdown in communication & generally causes problems.
4) Please do not sell on behalf of anyone else. Invite them to the group so they can post their own items.
5) Please do not Hijack other sellers posts. You will be removed from the group.
6) There are 2 sides to every story. Please do not name and shame on the wall until Admin gives the green light.
7) When selling items, please use the ‘Sell Something’ option.
8) Please ensure that all Items on posts have a Title. Price . Description and an Image of the Item. If you have multiple items on your post – every item must have a price and a description.
Posts may now include “make me an Offer” but must accompany a detailed description with prices as mentioned above. 26/02/18
Posts may now include “ebay sales” 26/01/20
9) Each Picture must include a piece of paper with Your name and Date on it or a Valid Business Card (ONLY ADMIN ARE EXEMPT) and any Postal Instructions.
10) All posts will be looked at by admin. If your post has not been approved please read above. Admin reserve the right to NOT Approve any post for any reason.
11) When posting ‘Wanted’ Items – please use this image to emphasise your request (right click and save to your device)
12) When posting ‘Community Interest’ blogs, please use the ‘Start Discussion’ option.
13) Do not leave Blank Descriptions – These posts will not be approved.
14) Please do not post asking if anyone would be interested in an item. Post your item on the wall and those interested will comment.
15) Please do not post asking for valuations. You are expected to do your own research. (See section below marked ‘VALUATIONS’)
16) If your item is advertised on another page or group, please make this clear on your post.
17) Please do not post or share links to other pages, groups or websites
18) Please do not post or share images from other pages, groups or websites.
19) Business Advertising is not allowed in this group.
SELLING PROTOCOLS ———————-
Most sellers ask for Paypal friends and family. It is free to use so no costs are incurred but it does offer NO security at all. You should only use friends and family with people that you trust. If there is any doubt that you could lose a lot of money always pay by Goods and Services. Paypal Goods and services takes a commission from the seller if you use this alternative. It is therefore commonly agreed that the buyer pays the extra fee to cover Recorded Post for tracking purposes and the extra commission charge. You can work out how much you would need to pay here
TRADES BY PM
We strongly advise that you do not conduct trades in private. Transparency provided by trading on the group wall only will help avoid those bad people that want to rip you off. They tend to watch out for you to show some interest in a particular item and then pounce on you in private message to do a deal. Most of the time these are NOT genuine trades – Please take care.
20) Please do not comment on a Sale post unless you are interested in buying the item.
21) Always make your initial comment on the post that you are interested in, that way everyone can see who commented and in what order they did so.
22) If you tag a persons name in your own post, they will have first refusal.
23) If someone tags a friend in a post, that person has 60 minutes to reply before moving on to the next person.
POST REMOVALS ————————-
24) Item for sale posts will be removed after 1 month if they have not received any comments.
25) Items wanted posts will be removed after 7 days if they have not received any comments.
26) When Sold please remove the post or mark as Sold and it will be removed for you.
WORD DEFINITIONS ————————-
INT: INTERESTED IN THE ITEM BUMP: WILL BRING YOUR POST BACK TO THE TOP SFS: STILL FOR SALE OOS: ON OTHER SITES NP: NO PROBLEM YW: YOUR WELCOME STBC: SOLD TO BE COLLECTED SSTC: SOLD SUBJECT TO COLLECTION SSTD: SOLD SUBJECT TO DELIVERY AOOG: ALSO ON OTHER GROUPS
Please do not ask for valuations in the group unless you have exhausted other avenues. There is a document that has been prepared to help you value your goods yourself which you can take a look at here VALUATIONS
ITEMS ON HOLD: Items should only be placed on hold if a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit has been paid.
INSTALLMENT PLANS: Arrangement to pay by installments must be confirmed with an initial payment.
TIME WASTERS: Timewasters will be removed from the group.
COMPLAINTS: There is a 3 strike rule. If we receive 3 complaints about a member and they are upheld the person involved will be removed. This is a guide rule and is dependant on the severity of the complaint.
Admin reserve the right to add,take away or revise any of the group rules at any time. ===========================
Please use your common sense and manners.
THE COIN COLLECTOR TEAM ===========================